We are excited to announce THE CIPHER FAN ART CONTEST. Artists of any skill level are welcome to enter their 2-D “The Cipher” inspired fan art in the contest. Kathe Koja will choose three winners from the submissions and each will receive a stunning custom “The Cipher” necklace designed by Sofia Ajram, along with a $20 Gift card, and a custom bookplate signed by the author. Entries must be received via the “enter contest” form by September 4, 2020 at 11:59 pm (ET) to be eligible. See Complete Rules at the bottom of this page.
And the winners are:
Contest Results Video (with all of the stunning entries!)
THE CIPHER FAN ART CONTEST – OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. CONTEST DESCRIPTION: THE CIPHER FAN ART CONTEST begins on July 9, 2020 12:00 AM (ET) and ends on September 4, 2020 at 11:59 PM (ET) (the \”Contest Period\”).
The sponsor of this Contest is MEERKAT PRESS (“Sponsor”). By participating in the Contest, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Contest. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Contest. Sponsor may be reached by email at INFO@MEERKATPRESS.COM during the Contest Period.
2. CONTEST RULES:
a) Art must be 2-dimensional and submitted as a high resolution JPEG or PNG file by September 4, 2020 at 11:59 pm (ET) via the contest form. Late submissions will not be accepted or considered.
b) Artwork is limited to 2-dimensional works that are inspired by the novel THE CIPHER by Kathe Koja.
c) The sponsor MEERKAT PRESS and author KATHE KOJA may post submissions on their respective social media feeds (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest) and reserve the right to do so without first notifying the artist. All artists will be credited and all posts tagged with #TheCipherFanArt. Contestants should include their social media handles in their submission if they wish to be tagged. Contestants are also encouraged to use the hashtag #TheCipherFanArt if they post on their own social media.
d) Artists will retain copyright of their work. MEERKAT PRESS and Kathe Koja will have the right to display submissions on their respective websites and social media in perpetuity.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to anyone who is at least 18 years of age (the \”Entrant\”). Sponsor, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (the \”Promotion Entities\”), are ineligible to enter the Contest or win a prize. Household Members and Immediate Family Members of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year. “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited or restricted by law
Three (3) Grand Prize Winners will each receive a $20 Giftccard, a custom The Cipher Necklace designed by Sofia, a custom Bookplate signed by Kathe Koja = Value=$260
Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
5. Enter the Contest during the Contest Period which begins on July 9, 2020 12:00 AM Eastern and ends on September 4, 2020 at 12:00 AM Eastern
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the Entrant. Any attempt by Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void Entrant’s Entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Contest Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
6. JUDGING / SELECTION OF WINNERS: The Contest will be judged by the author, Kathe Koja and three winners selected from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Contest Period. The judging will be completed within 7 days after the Contest Period. Judges decisions are final.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION & ANNOUNCEMENT: Winners will be announced on the MEERKAT PRESS website and notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information approximately 7 days after the random drawing.Winners must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 15 days of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification for any reason, including inactive email account(s), technical difficulties associated therewith, or Winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account.
Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The Winners may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively \”the Prize Claim Documents\”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.